Call for Proposals has been extended to March 3, 2024.
All About Core Forum 2024 Town Hall
Call for Proposals is now open
Join Core Forum 2024 at the Hilton Minneapolis for an incredible opportunity to celebrate the diverse and interconnected library work of you, our Core members. From November 14-16, we’ll engage the collective expertise of presenters and participants, facilitating thought-provoking conversations over two days of presentations, table-top exhibits, and poster sessions. Core Forum provides a place to build and foster relationships with colleagues through exciting networking activities.
Consider submitting a proposal for a thought-provoking and highly-relevant to practitioners presentation in the following areas:
- Access and Equity
- Buildings and Operations
- Leadership and Management
- Metadata and Collections
- Sessions – Concurrent sessions will be held on Friday and Saturday. Presentations will be 45 minutes in length with 15 minutes for introduction and Q&A. Presenters are required to present in-person and register at the discounted presenter rate.
- Preconference – Half-day (3-4 hours) preconferences and tours (off-site venue) will be held on Thursday. Presenters are required to present in-person and a modest honorarium will be offered.
- Poster – The poster session offers the opportunity to share and promote work, research, and ideas across the Forum’s content areas identified in the bulleted list above. Print poster presentations will be available throughout the Forum, with special time reserved during the 2-day event for participants to ask questions and engage in chat conversation with the presenters.
Proposals will be evaluated on the following points:
- Relevance to the Forum’s program tracks and audience
- Opportunities for learning and applicability to current library trends
- Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
We encourage diversity in presenters from a wide range of backgrounds, libraries, and experiences. We deliberately seek and strongly encourage submissions from underrepresented groups, such as indigenous peoples, women, people of color, the LGBTQA+ community, and people with disabilities. We also strongly encourage submissions with presenters from public, school, and special libraries.
Vendors wishing to submit a proposal should partner with a library representative who is evaluating/using the product or service.
Presenters will submit final presentation slides and/or electronic content (video, audio, etc.) 10 days prior to the event for accessibility reviewing and to be made available online following the event. Presenters will be able to register at a discounted rate and participate in the Forum as attendees.
Ready to submit your proposal? Complete the Proposal Form before the March 3, 2024 deadline. To preview the 2024 Core Forum proposal questions before starting the form, please download the questions here.
Melissa Brooks, Core Forum Planning Committee Co-Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
Debbie Ehrman, Core Forum Planning Committee Co-Chair, email@example.com
Julie Reese, Core Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom Ferren, Core Deputy Executive Director of Learning and Events, email@example.com
Save the Date:
Registration will open in April. Join the notification list to receive event announcements. Check the Core Forum website for program information and sponsorship opportunities.